Friday, July 19, 2013

Dang!

If you follow this blog you know that I hurt my knee in October, had surgery on  it in January. I went through 5 months of physical therapy but had no progress. So now I'm paying (no insurance) for MAT, Muscle Activation Therapy. It is working; slowly, I notice the difference, and my husband has noticed that I walk better. This is to postpone (forever?) knee replacement therapy - for there is never a good time to shut down for 2-3 months. My doctor has told me that total knee replacement is my only option...I'll continue with my MAT and let you know. But I sure hope I can get more "active" before it's too late, because I've gained another 10 pounds. DANG!

I don't know what I expected; I'm not as active and I'm drinking more and I'm not as stringent in my eating as I was. OH HELL! If I don't change this I'll go right back to where I was and I REFUSE to do that.

This should be my declaration that I've seen the error of  my ways and I'm back on track...but I'm not sure I'm there quite yet. I KNOW the errors of my ways, but back on track...not tonight. I need less stress in my life to get back to "there".

Life in general is good; but since my husband is working in southern Oregon most of the time and only home some weekends, it gets lonely (even with my cute, adorable dog) and therefore I'm cooking for one (NOT). I'm eating differently and not as healthy. It is easier to stop at the store and pick up a frozen something for dinner and since I'm at the store pick up a bottle of wine {sigh}. Time to grow up!

If you have any suggestions I'm open to them. Please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment