Sunday, March 3, 2013

Above Average & Horizontal Stripes

At the Hudson Bay Company store in Vancouver BC, Canada the area for larger women is called "Above Average Woman". I like that. I'm above average in height, intelligence, bust size, swimming skill, and at one time weight. It made me feel better than going to the Plus Size shop or Misses area. Just saying.

I remember going into a local department store and seeing these really nice zipper, wool vests with vertical stripes. The designer also designed for larger women so I was excited to look for them in the Misses area of the store. I found them...BUT the stripes were horizontal. Nothing like making a heavy woman look heavier than a wool, zipper vest with horizontal stripes. I was shocked and disappointed.

Today, I brought out some of my spring and summer tops that have been too small; a lot of them have horizontal stripes...BUT as I tried them all on they looked really nice on me. I'm still busty, but the cut of the top really made me look curvy and I will wear them! I will not have shop for spring and summer clothes this year. A couple of them were too big and I'll donate them to the thrift shop. I didn't try on the shorts, I'm waiting for a warmer day for that thrill. I'm so glad I now look good in horizontal stripes because I have a feeling that horizontal stripes will be around for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment