Sunday, March 10, 2013

Too Much Of A Bad Thing

I made the classic mistake of shopping while hungry. I was at the business center Costco so there wasn't a food court to grab a bite and since it was a Costco any little snacks came in a million pack...or something like that. I decided that I had enough cash to grab a salad at the Wendy's on the way home so off I went. The line was long, but I figured it would move. Boy was I wrong; after waiting FOREVER, I decided to leave and head home. I forgot I was in Lynnwood, WA, the place of the worse traffic and the stupidest drivers in America (my opinion). By the time I was half-way home I had decided that I would stop at the DQ on the way and pick up lunch. My order was not even close to being healthy, but my level of frustration had pushed all of that out of my head. But then again I didn't order too much.

Here comes the Too Much Bad stuff... the driver in front of me ordered her food and then without seeing that the car in front hadn't moved, hit the gas, crunched the car in front and pushed it into the car in front of that car. CRUNCH! SMASH!. The three drivers all got out and looked at the cars, took pictures, agreed to go over to the parking lot to the right of the drive-thru. Unfortunately to get to that parking lot they had to wait through the line at the drive-thru and none of them wanted their food. I got to the window and the girl asks..."do you want some free stuff?" My reply was "what kind of free stuff?" As it turns out since they didn't want their food she had all their ice cream goodies already made and would have to throw it all away...unless I wanted to take it. SURE! FREE STUFF! So my little Blizzard (I told you I was out of control) is now a big Blizzard, there is also a chocolate dipped ice cream cone (one of my favorite things), another ice cream treat plus my sandwhich. THAT'S A LOT OF FOOD!

I ate the cone first, then the dog and I shared the sandwich (but I ate most of it). I was feeling a bit full, but that Blizzard looked so good so I ate that next. And because I was feeding my sugar addition I ATE IT ALL! By this time I was feeling sick. I got home, walked the dog, put the other ice ream treat in the freezer and suffered through a horrible over-eating, over-sugared evening. I had no room for a decent dinner; my husband ate most of the other ice cream treat (I had to have at least a bite!) and I suffered through a horrible over-eating, over-sugared night of not being able to fall asleep.

You would think that I've learned a lesson here, but it seems I've "learned" this lesson before. (think a hangover). We'll have to see how long this "need" to have sugar stays with me. It is always to break an addiction, but I've done it before. So I know I can do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment